I adopted a cat from the Forever Home Feline Ranch at PetSmart!

Photo credit: Ruthie Hedberg

On Saturday, Jan. 21, I adopted a cat! I went into the PetSmart knowing I was planning on adopting a cat very soon, but I had no idea one would capture my heart and I would take her home with me.

Photo credit: Ruthie Hedberg

My best friend and I visited PetSmart, knowing they had cats available for adoption through shelters in Springfield, and I wanted to look at the cats and hold them, as I had been wanting to get a cat soon. We saw a couple of cats that got a little scared, but then they took Mango out for us to hold. I immediately fell in love with her and decided to adopt her right then and there!

I live by myself here in Springfield, and it has gotten a bit lonely for me sometimes, with classes mostly being online and spending much time at home. I have never had a cat before, but my best friend had four cats that I have spent time with, and I knew having one here with me would help me in more ways than one. And I was right! Since I adopted Mango, she has brought me so much joy. I bought all the necessary supplies and toys for her, and she loves meeting new people so far.

Photo credit: Ruthie Hedberg
Photo credit: Ruthie Hedberg

Getting a cat has made living alone so much better. I am so glad I adopted her.