Closing Ceremony at Diversity Center

Contributors: Brandyn Johnson-Foster

As February was approaching its end, some students decided to celebrate the last day of Black History Month inside the Diversity Center. I stopped by to see what the Diversity Center was since I’d never been there before and I have to say I was not disappointed. When I came in, I saw that they had snacks and drinks to serve everyone who came in to participate. All the students there were participating in a trivia game, and I could tell that everyone was having fun. The event lasted two hours, and I was surprised that many students participated in the program, which I admired. After the meeting ended, I talked to Justin Rose, who hosted this event.

Mr. Rose was very generous and welcoming to everyone, and I was glad to interview him. He mentioned a special event called “Sac Music Bingo”  which happened on March 1 at 7 p.m.,  featuring “heroes that are women in the Black community” to help kick off Women’s History Month. He noted that the best way to keep up with upcoming events is by following the Diversity Center on Twitter and Facebook  “It’s one of the best ways to follow us when it comes to social media,” he said, providing up-to-date information about future Diversity Center events. I hope to find more Diversity Center events sometime soon because the first one I attended was amazing.