Lady Frederick:

A Romantic-Comedy Historical Production
Lady+Frederick%3A
Contributors: Danielle Webster

Written by British playwright William Somerset Maugham. Lady Frederick premiered in 1907 in London, England, running for 422 performances across its global presentation. Locally, a new version of the play is being directed by Mark Buckholz with the aid of producer Sarah Adams. Edwards Place Historic Home will host the production on Friday, April 26 at 7 p.m., Saturday, April 27 at 7 p.m., and Sunday, April 28 at 2 p.m. Edwards Place Historic Home is owned and operated by the Springfield Art Association, a local, private, nonprofit visual arts organization.

This play has elements of not only comedy and romance but drama and mystery, with local well-known actors starring in lead roles. Rachel Hettrick plays Lady Frederick herself, with Kevin Brownell cast as Paradine Fouldes, Eden Lyons as Lady Mereston, and Ryan Davis as Lord ‘Charlie’ Mereston. Other cast members include Lance Perko who has been cast in the role of Sir Gerald O’Mara while Rebekah Hecht plays Rose Carlisle. Admiral Carlisle is played by Patrick Lyons while Carter Coryell brings to life Captain Montgomerie. Tina Dye plays Madame Claude while Mary Disseler plays Angelica.

Edwards Place Historic Home is located at 700 N. Fourth Street, Springfield, Illinois, 62702. Tickets for this event are priced at $10 for Springfield Art Association (SAA) members and $15 for non-members and can be purchased online at the following link:

Edwards Place Special Events