Best Women’s Athlete:

Megan Little
Contributors: Nick Marquez

UIS Women’s Soccer’s ironwoman on defense, Megan Little is this year’s Best Woman’s Athlete! Prairie Stars had a very qualified pool of candidates for this recognition, but the fans went with the junior who comes to UIS from Sheboygan, Wisconsin. Megan’s defensive prowess became evident her freshman year, when she got to play with her big sister, Emma, on a team that gave up only 18 goals through 16 games, never giving up more than two scores in a game that season. Megan was named to the GLVC Academic All-Conference team in 2021. Then Megan did it all over again her sophomore year, giving up 20 goals through 20 games as the anchor of a defense that posted a 1.00 GAA stat line for the 2022 season.

In the 2023 season, Megan played 1,441 minutes through 16 starts continuing her streak of starting all 52 games that she has participated in throughout her collegiate career. Looking into the 2024 season, Prairie Star fans can rest assured that our captain on defense will leave it all on the pitch every game.

RUNNERS UP: Kayla Rice, Anna Schurz