Best Sports Team:

Women’s Soccer
Contributors: Nick Marquez

The UIS Women’s Soccer team is this year’s Best UIS Sports Team! The Stars ended their 2023 campaign with a 7-5-6 record after being knocked out of the GLVC tournament by conference rival, Drury.

Highlights of the season include our stellar goalkeeper, Allison Mirimanian, totaling seven shutouts and 63 saves, totaling the most minutes played this past season by any player (1626 of 1640 possible minutes); senior Star Sierra Cenek earning DII Conference Commissioners Association Women’s Soccer All-Midwest Region First Team recognition; and Sierra was accompanied by her forward attacking partner Abby Dellamorte in being named to the Third Team All-Region by United Soccer Coaches during the postseason. The tandem also earned All-GLVC Second Team honors during the regular season with Madison Grandys being selected to the All-GLVC Third Team honors.

After a tremendous season of accolades and a second straight GLVC tournament berth, the Stars are looking forward to new beginnings next season with Stars like Abby, Madison and Maggie Joos returning for a fifth season to finish what they started.

RUNNERS UP: Baseball, Cross Country