Best Place to Take a Date:

Texas Roadhouse
Contributors: Gianna Wolanin

UIS has voted! The winner for the best place to take a date is officially Texas Roadhouse! Why Texas Roadhouse, you may ask? It is a great choice for a few reasons, one being that it has a very laid back atmosphere. It is located in the heart of Springfield right near Target for a fun shopping trip, Crumbl for a sweet treat after dinner and, of course, AMC, for those who want to include a movie in their plans.

The casual atmosphere, along with the convenience of location, helps to keep the night young. The Texas Roadhouse menu also offers a variety of options, including steaks, ribs and other classics, meaning it is likely to find something that both you and your date will enjoy – no worries for possible picky eaters. Plus, the portions are usually generous, so you can share if you both want to try different things.

One item that brings in a crowd is their memorable rolls with cinnamon-honey butter. Paired with a mixed drink, these ensure a great experience.

Springfield is home to many chain restaurants along with Texas Roadhouse, some older and some newer. But what sets Texas Roadhouse apart from the others is their unique service and quality of food. Steaks and ribs are considered to be high-end menu items but this restaurant makes it affordable for the average person. Whether it be an older gentleman looking to take his wife out for afternoon supper, or a pair of college students looking for a fun night out, Texas Roadhouse is a reliable pick.

RUNNERS UP: Mimosa, Curate