The Crucial Role of Fashion in Campus Culture: Let’s Talk About It

Photo Credit: Gianna Wolanin

It has often been said that the way an individual dresses reflects their personality. It is a form of self-discovery as well as influence. For college students especially, it is important to explore. But exploring comes in all different forms, like the way we express ourselves.

Personality can be shown within the nose piercing you wear, the color of the sweater that you chose today, or even that scarf you are wearing that was crocheted by your grandma. We all have our own stories within the pieces we present. Fashion is ever-changing, and social media adds to how we are always being influenced to dress out of our comfort zone. In many moments, it is where we go for inspiration. Makeup, hair, and accessories are also a big part of our self-expression, often being referred to as “what makes the whole look come together.” There are many methods we find to spice up even the simplest of pieces.

As two students living on campus, we are constantly being surrounded by these different styles and vibrant personalities every day. That is why we believe it is crucial to begin highlighting these roles in our campus culture. Our space will be transformed into a culmination of what some students are wearing, thoughts on certain topics like fast fashion, store recommendations, fashion facts, outfit recreations and even fashion in our pop culture.