Violet Margin:

Celebrating Creative Voices
Violet+Margin%3A
Contributors: Elena Dimaggio

Are you passionate about prose and poetry? Well, if you’ve been searching for the perfect outlet for your creative expression, look no further! The new edition of Violet Margin is about to be released, and you won’t want to miss it.

Launching on April 11, Violet Margin is the UIS English Department’s annual collection of student writing – but it definitely isn’t your average literary journal. Instead, it’s a celebration of diverse voices and unique perspectives. While submissions are now closed for this year, we want to give you a sneak peek into what’s in store. Violet Margin isn’t about sticking to the status quo. It’s all about pushing the boundaries and embracing the unconventional. From experimental prose to thought-provoking poetry, every piece in Violet Margin dares to be bold.

Literature should reflect the rich tapestry of human experience. That’s why Violet Margin is committed to amplifying voices that often go unheard. Whether it’s stories from marginalized backgrounds or fresh takes on familiar themes, Violet Margin is your go-to for narratives that challenge and inspire. This year, the main theme is all about self-acceptance and self-discovery. Writers are diving deep into the journey of finding oneself and embracing one’s true identity. Expect powerful stories, heartfelt poetry and thought-provoking artwork that explore the complexities of the human spirit.

Violet Margin welcomes submissions from undergraduate and graduate students alike, as well as alumni and aspiring writers at UIS. It’s a melting pot of creativity.  April 11 is just around the corner, and Violet Margin is ready to take you on an unforgettable journey. For more information, visit; Violet Margin – from the university of illinois in springfield.