Drake ft J. Cole Concert

Contributors: Brandyn Johnson-Foster

The recent Drake and J Cole concert in St.  Louis was one of the best concerts I have ever attended. The concert occurred on Mon., Feb. 12  at the Enterprise Center in St. Louis, Missouri. This concert didn’t disappoint. I mean, even though we waited over 45 minutes for them to start, at least while we were waiting, we had Lil Durk perform for us, which was the best thing ever because he performed very well for the crowd tonight. At least the DJ decided to have a little fun with the fans while we waited for Drake to perform for us. I think, to be honest, it wasn’t too bad of a wait. Even though it did take over 90 minutes for him to come out, at least he didn’t hold anything back from his fans.

For starters, Drake started with a video during the concert showing how he went from a little boy who dreamed big to the man he has now become. He performed his greatest songs, such as “Over” and even the most popular one, “God’s Plan.” After that, he came out of the two-doorway balloon he was recording from, an outstanding start to the concert. I enjoyed how he had flying balloons that fell across the stage like flying butterflies and Lil Durk flying balloon heads used on stage, and one of the songs they performed together was “Laugh Now Cry Later.” We even got to see a gliding Spiderman that only appeared on stage for a few seconds. After that, Drake performed with Lil Durk on stage for three different songs.

After a while, Drake went onto the DJ table and decided to interact with the fans, and judging by how long he spent doing this, it‘s clear he appreciated the fans, who came to support him in St. Louis. He wanted to connect with them even more by riding a balloon-like elevator to get a closer feel for his audience  by flying a few feet over the crowd while giving away free stuff in the process. J Cole appeared next by walking in the alley, giving his audience handshakes before getting on stage, and he, too, didn’t disappoint. His music was the best, and he even performed his greatest hits, like “Neighbors” and “No Role Models, ” which got the crowd going.

In one moment, Drake appeared on stage with J Cole, and they both showed each other mutual respect. They performed the song “In the Morning,” which they made together over ten years ago. After J Cole was finished, Drake went on to perform for another 30 minutes. Also of note was the use of different kinds of colored lights behind the performers, including red, blue, green and even purple. There were even fireworks and other pyrotechnics during the concert. At one point, the audience was encouraged to use our cell phone flashlights to light up the entire stadium, which was terrific. Overall, the concert was fantastic, and everyone there seemed to wholly enjoy themselves.