Bouquet for Bae with APC:

A Fusion of Love, Culture, and Creativity
Contributors: Elena Dimaggio

What could be more romantic than creating a bouquet for your significant other on Valentine’s Day? The Asian Pop Culture Club organized the ”Bouquet for Bae” event on Tues., Feb. 13, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Student Leadership Centre.

The idea behind this event stemmed from the organizers’ belief that it would strongly resonate with students, offering a novel and enjoyable way to engage with campus activities. It also provided an opportunity for members of the Asian Pop Culture Club to better connect with their peers. Attendees were invited to immerse themselves in the festivities, which included lively pop Asian music and Valentine’s Day-themed snacks. For those not keen on floral arrangements, the event offered alternatives like jewelry making, with options including bracelets and necklaces. This ensured that all attendees could participate in activities that appealed to their preferences.

The Student Leadership Centre served as the ideal venue for the event, being the central hub for student activities on campus. Whether students sought to dine at the Student Union, grab coffee at Starbucks, or find a spot to study, the Student Leadership Centre remained the primary destination for student engagement. Indeed, the Asian Pop Culture Club had previously organized successful events at this venue, such as the ornament painting event held the previous semester. Avery and Ellie, students, and soccer players at UIS, are seen enjoying themselves at the event. Avery learned about the event from a flyer provided by their resident assistant, and they decided to create bouquets as a Valentine’s Day gift for themselves.

Looking ahead, the Asian Pop Culture Club has scheduled its next K-Pop night event for Friday, Feb. 23, at the Canopy Club in Urbana-Champaign. Moreover, they plan to host more events on the UIS campus throughout the semester. Additionally, the club boasts a dynamic dance team, known as STARZ, which regularly hosts video auditions to welcome new talent. Membership in the club and participation in the dance team are open to all interested individuals, regardless of skill level.

To stay informed about the club’s activities and upcoming events, individuals are encouraged to follow their Instagram page @apc_starz and connect with them via UISConnection. By fostering a sense of community, cultural appreciation, and inclusivity, the Asian Pop Culture Club continues to enrich the campus experience for students at the University. The Club will meet at least once every two week and every UIS students is welcome to join and immerse themselves in Asian culture through films, music, and dance in a fun environment.

Attending events like the “Bouquet for Bae” organized by the Asian Pop Culture Club offers more than just a romantic experience—it provides an avenue for students to connect with peers, explore campus clubs, and foster a sense of community. These events not only offer enjoyable activities but also promote cross-cultural understanding and collaboration among student organizations. Ultimately, participation enriches the college experience by facilitating meaningful connections and expanding students’ horizons. Don’t miss out on the diverse array of events organized by student groups, head over to UISConnection now to stay updated and get involved!