UIS Baking Club:

Sweetens Valentine’s Day with Delectable Delights
The Baking Club’s Chocolate covered strawberry set up | Photo Credit: Teadora Bowen
Contributors: Sydney Deweese

In the spirit of love and sweet indulgence, the UIS Baking Club orchestrated a delightful tabling event last week, providing the campus with their Chocolate Covered Strawberries in honor of Valentine’s Day. Brandon Glenn, the club’s secretary, shared insights into the vision behind this scrumptious initiative.

“The vision behind this event was to provide students, staff and faculty with delicious-tasting strawberries as a way to fund future Baking Club Events,” explained Brandon Glenn.

The event not only tantalized taste buds but also served a greater purpose – to support upcoming baking endeavors for the UIS community. The success of the Chocolate Covered Strawberries event is a testament to the club’s commitment to creating enjoyable experiences for the campus.

Looking ahead, Brandon Glenn shared exciting plans for the Baking Club, emphasizing the role of baking as a means to de-stress and connect with others. “We plan to continue to provide students with a space to de-stress through the art of baking. Currently, we have a Baked Alaska event planned for Feb. 25 from 2 p.m.- 5 p.m. and all students are welcome to attend while supplies last!”

Mark your calendars for the Baked Alaska event, where the UIS Baking Club will invite students to indulge in the enchanting world of baking and create lasting memories. As they continue to spread joy through the aroma of freshly baked treats, the UIS Baking Club proves that the art of baking is not just about food—it’s about building a community and fostering connections.